From real-time survey tools to AI-powered programming and automated emails, technology is quickly emerging as an indispensable pillar for modern marketing campaigns.
These savvy innovations allow marketing teams to reach wider audiences in highly personalized ways to improve engagement.
They also help them understand what features stand out for their customers, how people are interacting with their brand, and how the competition is behaving.
If you want to revolutionize your lead generation strategy by incorporating cutting-edge digital strategies, here are some solid options.
- Marketing Automation
With overwhelming to-do lists and leads to generate and nurture, many marketing teams are overwhelmed and can’t imagine adding an extra task to their schedules.
With marketing automation, many existing and additional tasks can be handled by technology. Marketing automation lets you stay connected with prospects and customers through automated messages triggered by their activities.
By streamlining marketing roles (follow-up workflows, educational workflows, email campaigns, etc.), your team’s efficiency improves and they stay productive. Not bad for whittling down that to-do list, right?
How to achieve high impact results?
- For lead nurturing. When prospects sign up, you follow them with targeted content, guiding them through the acquisition cycle. Besides tracking the lead journey, lead nurturing helps inform the best messages for positive results.
- In the lead score. Here, you have a system in place to score the lead’s engagement level to ensure that only high-quality leads are sent to the sales team.
- Maximize multi-channel campaigns. You likely engage multiple channels to reach audiences and build awareness. This strategy allows you to trigger relevant automated responses on these channels.
- For segmentation purposes. You can create workflows that automatically place contacts into specific lists based on web pages visited or email engagement. This ensures that the messages you broadcast match their interests.
- lead generation software
Is lead generation software worth it?
Lead generation is a key success metric for many businesses, which means leveraging technology to gather qualified lead information and grow the pipeline is crucial. The software collects contact information on new leads and routes them to the team to nurture and convert them.
Well, the other option is manual (and tedious not to say inaccurate) prospecting of prospecting contacts.
Before investing in any particular software, consider the following:
- Is the platform user-friendly?
- Does the platform integrate with existing tools?
- Does it include the features you need to organize and improve your campaigns?
- Will it help you achieve your KPIs?
- Is there a customer support function in case of problems?
The campaigns you intend to run should help inform the lead generation platform you choose. Here are some options:
- Form optimization tools. The software instantly qualifies leads through web forms on your website and routes them to the team. Just make sure the forms are easy to fill out and process.
- Form, quiz and pop-ups. This software encourages site visitors to take action, in order to acquire their contact information.
- Landing page optimization tools. This optimizes your landing page design, performs A/B testing, and provides reporting to improve lead conversion.
- Social media software. From publishing to audience engagement and reporting, the software optimizes your strategy to build brand awareness.
- Telephone canvassing
A great script, polished knowledge, and a can-do attitude are perfect for cold calling. But how about adding cold calling software to empower the team even more?
Not only will this improve efficiency, but also increase your chances of closing more deals.
How to choose the right software?
- Opt for ease of use. People avoid hard-to-use software, which means it will be a waste of resources. Take advantage of free trials or step-by-step demonstrations to understand how intuitive the software is.
- Ability to track metrics. Here’s a sales manager you’ll love. Built-in metrics help you keep tabs on cold calling performance at a granular level. You can then initiate an action to help the team achieve their goals.
- Check the call recording feature. Call recording acts as a qualitative lens that allows you to assess which techniques are working. You can convert effective calls into training materials for SDRs and less effective ones into coaching opportunities.
- Scalability. Since we all anticipate growth, migrating software every time your business experiences significant growth can be a headache. Check if your preferred software allows you to add more users and if so, at what cost.
- Chatbot Marketing
Think about it: people spend time on WhatsApp or Slack chatting with teammates, customers, and other people. This very trend has transcended into the B2B scene, allowing companies to communicate with each other as well.
Deploying this technology on your website facilitates well-oiled real-time online interactions with bots or human support teams.
The main ways to optimize this strategy include:
- Facilitate real-time engagement. Engaging site visitors, although they are the most receptive, can help build rapport with them and guide them forward. Based on the conversation, bots can call on human support agents for further customization.
- Respond quickly. Responding to visitor questions quickly ensures that their needs are met with minimal or no friction. This can help keep them on your page rather than moving on to a competitor.
- Leverage engagement history. If the visitor has visited your page before, use this history to understand the path they are on. Likewise, if the visitor shows signs of bouncing back, you can start a chat to solve the problem they are looking to solve.
- Train your team. From managing bot interactions to providing in-depth knowledge of your solutions, educate your team on tips and practices for engaging and converting leads.
- Voice Search Marketing
As a trend that has transcended B2C, voice search is all about providing instant gratification. Businesses can stand out by leveraging voice searches to deliver answers the moment people ask.
But here’s the problem: the answers served are indexed on the available information. This means that you will need a robust search engine optimized content strategy if this tactic is to produce results.
Best practices include:
- Write for long-tail queries. Think about how people naturally speak and keep your writing tone that way. Answer questions about your solutions without using standard business jargon.
- Featured snippets are a gold mine. Voice searches typically read these snippets aloud when responding to voice queries. The answer box displays a link to the page where the text spruce was extracted and users can click on it for more information.
- Use geography to your advantage. If you serve a local market, identify geographically relevant keywords that can help increase your visibility. While you’re at it, secure and optimize the My Business page on Google to help search engine rankings.
Alexia is the author of Research Snipers and covers all tech news including Google, Apple, Android, Xiaomi, Huawei, Samsung News, and more.